The creation of Tech4PI is uncharted territory. These are some of the meaningful dots in our journey.
We started our venture inspired by our journeys, our families, our mentors, and hunger for climbing the second mountain in our life: to do well while doing good.
It all started with an investment of $100 and a dream.
Today we have a thriving team of over 20 talented data scientists, AI fellows, software developers, marketers, program managers, business leaders, and social scientists.
Our tech ventures are worth $25M+ while delivering measurable social impact
years in business
social tech enterprises created
individuals, per month, addressing a social issue using technology from one of our ventures
Tech4PI: Technology for the Public Interest
GIVING TECH LABS FOUNDED
- Shelly Kurtz and Luis Salazar, co-found Giving Tech Labs in partnership with Jeff Raikes and Tricia Raikes; here we are!
- Operated by Giving Tech Labs, Giving Compass officially launches as the portal for impact-driven philanthropy.
NEW HQ IN SEATTLE
- Located in the Standard Building, built in 1893, Giving Tech Labs creates a 4,200 sq ft innovation lab in the heart of the commercial corridor of Seattle, WA, just a block from the historic waterfront.
- VidaNyx LLC, incorporated and MVP plan crafted, envisioning a cloud-based digital video evidence system to protect 700,000 child survivors of abuse, sexual assault, and neglect each year in the US.
- E-Immigrate launches, sponsored by Silicon Valley Community Foundation, to pilot approaches to aggregate trustworthy services, tools, and resources for the needs of US residents seeking lawful permanent residency or citizenship.
- Project Harmony, a child advocacy center serving over 2,000 children each year in Omaha, Nebraska, is the first client to securely share, manage, and store child forensic interviews, leading the way for the sector’s digital transformation.
GIVING COMPASS AND GIVING PLANNER EXITS
- Giving Compass and Giving Planner exit Giving Tech Labs and move into their HQ. By July 2020 they serve over 55,000 monthly users with 35,000 pieces of impact philanthropy content and tools.
- Incorporated as an AI-powered data intelligence platform for social innovation. The R&D begins with the goal of inspiring thousands of innovators to create Tech4PI., Microsoft joins as the first partner.
A YEAR OF IMPACT WITH VIDANYX
- WA State Governor declares July 11 as Survivor Support Day to honor survivors of abuse and the child advocacy centers who support them. One-year impact: 4,041 children protected, and 1,009 users in 420 agencies saving $750K in operating costs.
- 4 incubations, 2 exits, 35,0000 individuals using tech from our companies, 2 legislative policies supported, 200K lines of code, 17,000 Cheez-it munched, 5,000 M&Ms and 1,000 Cans of soda and espresso shots.
AWS GLOBAL CONFERENCE
- Giving Tech Labs keynotes AWS Imagine Nonprofit Conference with an urgent call to action to create technology for the public interest, sharing the case study of VidaNyx and planting the seed for X4Impact.
- AISENSA is born to focus on Artificial Intelligence, applied under ethical principles, to the creation of Domain-Specific Knowledge Graphs and to the processing of Sound, Vision, and Touch to create Technology for the Public Interest – Tech4PI.
- After reaching $400K in ARR in year one, serving 2,500 individuals, and 1,000 agencies that protect 19,000 children, VidaNyx hires a world-class CEO. She raises $5M in a Series A round of financing and moves operations to Omaha, NE.
- Our subsidiary AISENSA launches sound and voice technologies (SuvoTek™) with the creation of Coach Ana and the release of its first software development kit (SDK) for enterprise customers.
- Microsoft announces X4Impact in partnership with Giving Tech Labs at their Global CXO Summit for Nonprofit Organizations.
- After serving over 18,000 users and powering 48 pilot workshops for 5,000+ immigrants getting their citizenship or their green card, E-Immigrate exit as a 501c3 under Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
AI4PI.ORG – TURNS 1
- Our AI4PI program closes its first year as a training ground for next-generation data scientists: 11 AI4PI fellows, 3 distinguished alumni, a waiting list of 126 applicants from world class universities and 2 research papers published by KDD.
WE TURN 3!
- 7 social tech enterprises created, 61,750 individuals, every month, addressing a social issue using technology created by one of our ventures, 7 patents, research papers published, government proclamations sparked, and new pieces of legislation supported.
X4i.ORG – GOES LIVE
- X4impact, a market intelligence platform for Social Innovation™ goes live in the US, with $2T of social funding flow from private, and public sources, 80M knowledge pieces from trusted sources, 830 social challenges, and 250 software solutions to help nonprofits deliver on their mission.
become a change maker!
our change makers
Director of Engineering
Our co-founder and CMO. Recipient of 50+ industry awards, leading 200+ global campaigns in tech, media, and entertainment.
dr. ying li
Our Chief Scientist. Global leader on AI, Data Sciences, and Machine Learning with over 100 patents and publications
Our co-founder and CEO. Entrepreneur and Global Tech Executive, leading over 50 global tech products and startups.
Board Member. Philanthropist, Global Tech Executive, Educator, Entrepreneur. Led multibillion USD Global Tech and Foundations.